Room 58 is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this web site, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Room 58 may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 4th February 2021.
What we collect
We may collect the following and other information you supply in your email correspondence:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the web site according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies via Google analytics to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our web site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better web site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the web site.
Links to other web sites
Our web site may contain links to other web sites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other web site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the web site, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing: email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Room 58 for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Room 58 correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Room 58 erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Room 58 restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Room 58’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Room 58 transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org