Managing your content:
One of the best features that is completely open to all users of the platform is the ability to add your own SEO content such as META tags and descriptions throughout the site. To do this you can head to the admin panel and select "Pages" > "Page Settings & Content" and then click the cog symbol beside the page you would like to add your tags/description to. As you scroll down you will see the Tag/description fields where you can enter your preferred SEO information.
Content is king
The more useful information you have on a page the better it should perform in Google search results. Google will use this content to determine what the page is about.
Make sure that your business name, address and phone number (NAP) are correct and consistent, try to include relevant ‘geo-targeting’ content – city names, highways and landmarks.
We recommend creating an ‘about us’ section on the homepage that contains a summary of who you are, what makes you stand out from other dealers and where you’re located. Include a link to the ‘About us’ or ‘Our history’ page.
Update your content regularly – Google likes fresh content, websites that haven’t had any new content added to them recently will fall behind others that have been updated.
Try to use keywords in your text, location, brands, services, etc. For example, if you want a page to rank when someone types in ‘used motorcycles Chicago’ into Google search, it’s important to include these words within the page.
However, write normally and make the page useful and informative to the site visitor. Adding lots of keywords that do not have relevance to the subject will only have an adverse effect.
When creating text on homepage billboards try to use ‘live’ text created within BWS, avoid embedding text in images. Google will be able to read this text allowing it to appear in search results. Of course, to be truly useful the billboard should contain text that you’d like to appear in search queries.
When creating a photo or video gallery don’t rely on Google to interpret your images, add a description of the gallery contents, including keywords as well as date and location information.
Google favours fast loading websites, so make sure you upload images at the correct size. If the browser has to re-size larger images to fit within a certain area it’s loading unnecessary data, which slows the loading time.
SEO title and description
Although not considered as important as they once were, meta tags information should still be completed on your important pages.
The page should accurately describe the page content, it’s the first element in a search result and as it’s highly visible and can determine whether a potential visitor visits your site. It should contain the keywords that you wish to rank on, but make sure they’re relevant to the page.
Treat the meta description as if it’s an advert for your web-page it must relate to the page content but try to make it as compelling as possible. The more attractive and relevant the description, the more likely it is that someone will click through.
- Get listed
- Make sure your website is registered on Google for Business, Yelp, Bing, Aabaco (formerly
- Yahoo!), BBB and Angie’s List
- Inbound links
- Links to your site from a third party website are one of Googles top ranking factors.
- Inbound links are an indication that another person or organisation trusts your content and believes it has value.
- Writing on blogs is a great way to create links back to your dealer site. Create your own blog or if possible write guest posts on popular, authoritative sites. Writing articles will increase your online reputation and expand your audience.
- Social media
- Google doesn’t treat social media as a direct SEO ranking factor, but there appears to be a correlation between social signals and ranking position. Social media is valuable because your content is distributed instantly to hundreds of people, who then enable more people outside of your direct network to find you. Social posts can be used to build not only awareness but also authority.